Great Barrington Restaurants
To make this part of your trip nice and simple, here are our family's favorite Great Barrington restaurants.
For an evening of living like the locals, you'll want to head to Zagat rated Castle Street Cafe for dinner, and follow it up with a show at one of Great Barrington's historic landmarks, the Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center. The Castle Street Cafe has been around for over 20 years, has consistantly been a local favorite, and is located at 10 Castle Street (phone: 413-528-5244).
Virtually right next door, the Mahaiwe theater offers a huge variety of showings. As I'm writing this, you can choose between seeing performances by Peter Yarrow (of Peter, Paul & Mary), the Paul Taylor Dance Company, FRANKENSTEIN live in HD with London's National Theatre, and Voice VIII: An Afternoon of A Cappella, among many others.
Here are a few more of our favorite Great Barrington restaurants/eateries for your Boston day trip or weekend getaway:
- Cafe Adam is a definite family favorite. With locally grown organic produce, homemade smoked salmon and consistently delicious food, it's hard to go wrong. We've got a full review of Cafe Adam here. Enjoy!
Cafe Adam, 325 Stockbridge Rd, Suite 4, Great Barrington, MA 01230, (413) 528-7786
- Baba Louie's has sourdough wood fired pizza that both locals and tourists rave over. It's family-friendly and can also be a great place for a relaxed dinner with a nice glass of wine. The restaurant really doesn't need any more publicity, because there's a wait pretty much every night during July and August and on weekends the rest of the year. They don't take reservations. Keep this in mind if you're really hungry or need to be somewhere in a hurry.
Once you're seated, however, service is quick and efficient. Baba Louie's is close to SoCo's (see below) and the Maihawe Theater, so if you time things well you can easily do a night of great pizza (or soup, salad, and/or pasta), great ice cream and a great show. Baba Louie's is open for lunch with a variety of sandwiches as well as pizza and pasta.
Baba Louie's, 286 Main Street, Great Barrington, MA 01230, (413) 528-8100
- Great Barrington's Riverbend Cafe (previously Uncommon Grounds) is an organic cafe with a variety of veg and vegan options. It's got a rustic feel, reasonable prices and, best of all, stunning views out over the river.
Riverbend Cafe, 403 Stockbridge Rd, Great Barrington, MA 01230, (413) 528-0858, Open Daily 8am-5pm
- Aroma Bar & Grill is one of Great Barrington's tastiest Indian restaurants. While the decor, in and out, is far from fancy, the service is good and the food is delicious. They offer lunch specials and a Sunday buffet.
Aroma Bar & Grill, 485 Main Street, Great Barrington, MA 01230, (413) 528-3116
- Aegean Breeze is an excellent Great Barrington restaurant option for consistently tasty as well as reasonably priced Greek food. Check out this Aegean Breeze review for more info.
Aegean Breeze, 327 Stockbridge Rd (Route 7), Great Barrington, MA 01230, (413) 528-4001
- No matter how "good" you are about your calorie intake, being on vacation is always a great excuse to check out the local ice creamery. In Great Barrington, the SoCo Creamery, is the place to be for locals and tourists of ALL ages. The SoCo (for South County) Creamery, is family owned and they clearly take great pride in how they make their ice creams, sorbets and gelatos. They have a unique list of "regular" flavors as well as scrummy specials. Last time my mom was there she got a peanut butter, banana, honey ice cream called The Elvis - yum, right?
SoCo Creamery, 5 Railroad Street, Great Barrington, MA 01230, (413) 528-9420
We hope that provides you with a great start for your eating pleasure in Great Barrington!
In case you missed it, here's the beginning of our Great Barrington MA section.
Or check out our entire Berkshires and Tanglewood section by starting here.
Where Else Should I Visit Near Boston?
We've got information on Cape Cod and several other popular Boston day trips here. Enjoy!
Return from Great Barrington Restaurants to Berkshires Vacations
Return from Great Barrington Restaurants to Boston Day Trips
Return to Boston Tourism Made Easy Homepage